Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

Thursday was one of my favorite holidays. I volunteered to host Thanksgiving at my house this year. I'm actually thinking of claiming the holiday as my holiday to host for good, I enjoy it that much! My menu this year consisted of Alton Brown's (from Good Eats) famous fool proof turkey. It turned out very delightful! The recipe requires you to brine the turkey for anywhere from 6-16hrs (depending on the size of the turkey). My turkey was 25lbs this year! I'm pretty sure I will continue to buy this size of turkey in the future, as it comfortably leaves me room to pass out leftovers and still have plenty left for my own use. I have plans to make turkey cran-chiladas with some of the leftovers. But I also just love my plain and simple turkey sandwiches with mayo. Yum!

Next, we had sausage and apple stuffing. That too was quite good if I do say so myself. I might make this on a more regular basis. Mashed potatoes were also in the line up for dinner that day, along with green bean casserole (lovingly made by my sister-in-law, Jenny). My next big project that day was making homemade rolls, something I've always wanted to try but been too doubtful of my skills. My family loved the end result and requested I make them for every holiday from now on.

My mom made one of my all time favorite desserts growing up, chocolate eclair cake. I was excited for Sam to try this, as I know how much he loves store bought chocolate eclairs. I think I'm going to have to steal the recipe from my mom, so I am able to make them for my hubby on my own in the future.

I will post recipes for the turkey, stuffing and rolls later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment