Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pork, Apple, Cheddar Meatballs w/ Egg Noodles


(picture courtesy of http://www.rachaelraymag.com/Recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/dinner-recipes/Pork--Apple-and-Cheddar-Meatballs-with-Egg-Noodles)

I found this recipe in my favorite chef's magazine, Everyday Living with Rachael Ray. I was planning on making it myself but got caught up in looking for airlines tickets for my trip to Arizona so my dear hubby decided to start it. It turned out very yummy! Sometimes I'm a little hesitant of when hubby cooks because he doesn't follow directions and it usually ends up turning into a big bowl of goulash. However, he did great with this one and so I felt I would share his success here.

Pork, Apple, Cheddar Meatballs with Egg Noodles

* 4 Servings
*
* Prep 15 min (HA! Hubby and I agreed this was laughable more like 25-30mins, but maybe that's because we're amateurs.)
*
* Cook 10 min

Ingredients:

* 1 pound ground pork
* 1 cup coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese
* 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
* 1 small, tart apple, such as granny smith, peeled and grated
* 1/2 small onion, grated
* 1/2 cup chopped parsley
* 1 egg, beaten
* Salt and pepper
* One 12-ounce package egg noodles
* 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces

Directions:

1. Preheat the broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and grease with butter. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pork, cheese, breadcrumbs, apple, onion, 3 tablespoons parsley, the egg, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Shape into 16 meatballs and arrange on the baking sheet. Broil the meatballs until golden and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the noodles until al dente. Drain, then return to the pot and toss with the butter and remaining 5 tablespoons parsley; season with salt and pepper. Divide the noodles among 4 plates; top with 4 meatballs each.

Amendment: We had our broiler on low and after 10 minutes decided they needed more time and needed to be turned over to brown the other side. I cranked the broiler up to high and gave it another 8-10 minutes. Just keep your eye on them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment