Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Where is my rain?

I love rain. Even more I love thunderstorms. I love to spend rainy days on the couch curled up with a comfy blanky, my pup and watching movies all day. That was suppose to be my day today or so weather.com predicted last night. So you can imagine how bummed I was when I woke to find the sun shinning bright in the sky...oh and will be all day. Stupid weather.com.

So with my plans out the window I spent the rest of my day being semi-productive and attempting to figure out what to make for dinner. Here are my results:

Pork Chops with Apple Stuffing

6 boneless pork chops
4 tbsp butter (divided)
6 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
3/4 cup chopped peeled apple
3/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup raisins (I left these out. Cuz I find them yucky!!!)
1/2 cup apple juice
3 tsp rubbed sage
salt and pepper to taste
4 tsp dijon mustard (instead I used a marinade from jewel's culinary line called Applewood honey mustard marinade)

To start I marinated the chops for 3 hours in my yummy marinade from jewel.

Then...

-In large skillet (I recommend cast iron if you have it) brown the chops over medium heat in 2 tbsp butter on each side. Remove from pan and keep warm.

-In the same pan saute stuffing cubes, apples, celery, raisins, apple juice, sage, salt + pepper in remaining butter until apples and celery are crisp-tender.

-Transfer to a greased 3qt. baking dish. Top with pork chops and spread mustard (or in my case some reserved marinade) over chops. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins. Remove cover and bake for 10 more mins.


Finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment